This simple salad is perfect for lunch or as a light evening meal that follows a large dinner.
- 1/2 pound mixed red and green-leafed lettuces, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts, cooked and boned and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe pears, washed, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Stilton, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped hazlenuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons Cheshire
Garden Queen of Hearts Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Arrange the lettuce on 4 plates. Alternate chicken and pear on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with Stilton and hazlenuts.
Pour vinegar into a bowl and whisk in olive oil. Drizzle dressing over all.
We love Stilton and use it often, but we recognize that it's not everyone's favorite cheese. You can vary this with another bleu cheese, or even an unflavored goat cheese like chevre. You can also substitute walnuts or almonds for the hazlenuts.