This recipe comes from one of my favorite customers, Sharon Ware, who originally hails from California. It uses California fruits that are plentiful in the winter markets when many typical salad ingredients are lacking. Every child who ever has tasted it in our home loves it!
- 1/2 pound mixed salad greens (Boston, red leaf and green leaf work well)
- 1 tablespoon Cheshire Garden Queen of Hearts Raspberry Vinegar
- 4 clementines or tangerines, peeled and divided into segments
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 avocado
- Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing (recipe follows)
Wash the lettuce and spin dry. Toss in a salad bowl with the Raspberry Vinegar. Arrange the clementines and kiwis alternately around the rim of the bowl. Peel and slice the avocado and arrange over the lettuce. Serve with Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing.
Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing
Whisk together the yogurt, vinegar and maple syrup or honey. Stir in the poppyseeds.