The avocado becomes the "bowl" in which the salad is served.
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, well drained
- 2 small tomatoes, seeds removed and coarsly chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped, about 1/3 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cheshire Garden Lemon Italia Vinegar
- 1/2 pound red or green lettuce or a mix, washed and spun dry
- 2 large avocados halved and pitted
Mix together the cheese, tomatoes, onion, oil and vinegar. Arrange lettuce on 4 plates. Divide the cheese and tomato mixture between the 4 avocado halves and stuff. Place the avocados upon the lettuce and serve.
This recipe has endless vinegar variations. We prefer the Italias, followed by basil vinegars.