This delicate salad is one of our favorites - we often serve it at a buffet where it's always the first to go.
- 3/4 - 1 pound salmon filet
- 3 tablespoons Cheshire Garden French Tarragon Vinegar, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped, OR 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound mixed red and green leaf lettuce, well washed and spun dry
Place the salmon on a rack in a small, shallow pan. Drizzle 1-1/2 tablespoons of the vinegar over the salmon,
followed by 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Bake in a 350° oven for 10 - 12 minutes, until the fish flakes.
(The timing depends on the thickness of the filet; you can use a fork to test the fish.) Chill.
Mix the salmon with the shallots, onion or chives and the mayonnaise. Chill at least 30 minutes.
Toss greens with remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a salad bowl.
Arrange the salmon over the greens and serve.